Friday, January 8, 2010

Bright, sunshiny day

It is a gorgeous day here...so I thought I'd give you some more sunshine!

Girls went back to school on Monday...so here are the littles, enjoying more attention from mom!

Tessa - 10 1/2 months - such a sweet little girl! She smiles 75% of the time, and giggles the rest!


How cute are they? Nolan was giving me a super cute, I-absolutely-adore-you-mama look last week and in my head I thought "Boy, that look is going to get you into trouble some day!"

They really do love each other :)


And the pics below are from today. Last night Bill told the girls that they could help him shovel in the morning...well, I'm pretty sure they had all their snow gear on and were outside by 7:30!

Annika - wandering about...it's possible she's looking for the house ;) She is a little blond at times, but we completely overlook it, because she is sweet as pie and sooooo helpful. She loaded the dishwasher by herself this morning and helped Nolan get ready to go outside!
Emma is a little more industrious. I think here she is trying to show the neighbors what it really means to be "Dutch clean." (Or it is possible that Bill used this broom to get the snow off of his work van this morning rather than take 54 swipes with a snow brush...just a possibility.)

A hard working Daddy with his hard working girls! Shortly after this he headed out the door for an estimate. We are VERY thankful that he has had steady work lately...even through the holidays!

Here is my kind of work...Finally got a waffle iron and have been putting it to good use. This morning was my third attempt, and I think that we are getting closer to a light and crisp waffle. I should have taken a picture of Tessa's plate so you could see just how delicious they are...but there were only scraps left!

Here are the big three ready to go out after breakfast and a few chores (It may or may not have been 11:50 a.m.). Yes, Emma is wearing boys gloves that I bought ahead for Nolan to wear with Annika's coat when he is big enough. And yes, Nolan is wearing purple girly boots because it wasn't until the following year that I realized I should be buying gender-neutral outerwear. Oh well...the fingers and toes are warm and the kids are all happy!

My "angels": Emma...
...and Annika...
...and a little stinker!
All the while...baby girl took a snooze...gearing up for a fun afternoon!
Hope your day is filled with sunshine too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's sun-shiny here today too, but I think I'd rather be there with you and your littles!