Yep, we've done it again...made it through another crazy holiday season! I, as previously stated, love the holidays - however, once they are 'over' I'm usually pretty happy to have them behind me! As for our house, here's what we've been up to...
Typical Christmas gatherings with the immediate families, Regnerus' on Christmas Eve and Vannette's on the 27th. Naturally these get-togethers included great food -who doesn't love Papa Joe's pasta salad or a little prime rib? We are certainly spoiled by our mothers! And, we enjoyed spending time with our siblings, their spouses, and just a few nephews and nieces! For those of you keeping track...Dad and Mom Regnerus boast the following: Caleb (4), Braden (3) and Chloe (1) of Todd and Kim, and then our three. Dad and Mom Vannette are tallied at: Our three, Jenna (3), Jack (21 mo), Kate (4 mo) of Daniel & Patti, Logan (2 1/2) and Connor (1) of Philip and Sarah. So, the amount of space we need for gatherings is certainly changing...rapidly!
Sunday, the 28th was a special day for the Vannette's as we witnessed our brother, Mark, publicly profess his faith. It was wonderful to worship with the whole family and celebrate God's goodness to us and see how He preserves the covenant faithfully through the generations!
On Monday, the 29th, we were given the opportunity to be with the Westerveld Family (Charity's mom's side). We headed to Khardomah Lodge in Grand Haven, MI for three days - 35 people, one roof - and yes, we all survived! It was terrific! Due to some great planning (thank you Mom) we all had assignments for rooms, food to bring, and a schedule for cooking/serving/clean-up. It was a smooth operation :) There was only one bug that made it into the house, but it was kept to only two people...whew! Our activities included the games 'Telephone Pictionary' and 'Signs' (which may have lasted four hours - as explained to me by my gracious husband who was caring for our three children...). Tuesday night we also did skits, based on random situations (operating room, Weight Watchers meeting, to name a couple). They were both painful to watch, and hilarious...based on the group and their acting abilities :) In the end, my "serious-minded" brother, Mark, and his team took away the most votes - I think it was the potato mashers that he was using to recesitate our sister-in-law and the vacuum hose used for suction that brought them the victory.
After heading home on New Year's Eve we enjoyed fellowship with friends from church - even made it past midnight this year! And since then, have enjoyed relatively quiet days at home. We are looking forward to getting back into a routine, if only to have the apple cart upset in a couple months :)
As for the littlest member of the family...I am being pummelled from the inside by this fierce little one! Perhaps I'd forgotten, but I don't remember any of the other kids being so active! We are less than eight weeks away (Lord willing) from welcoming our fourth child! So, that means, as keeper of the house, I am hard at work to get things ready for this addition! We are very excited to see how the next few months unfold for us! Stop by to get more updates - and again...hopefully I will figure out how to post pictures before the baby comes!



1 comment:
sounds like you had wonderful holiday. I too love the Christmas Season and only made it to about half of the parties due to a sick child. So this year I hate the see the season end....I think I will just keep up my decorations yet for a while. :O)
Now about posting pictures. You have the pictures of your computer right? If you do, then it's pretty easy. Once you are on the screen for a new post. On the top tool bar(of the new post), where you change the font, do bold or italic, etc. There is a symbol of a picture. Click of it, that will pop open another screen (be should not to have your pop-up blocker on) then you can browse through your pictures and upload them to blogger. You can do up to 5 photos at a time and it does take a little while. :O) Let me know if you any other questions.
Post a Comment