Monday, January 12, 2009

Airing the dirty laundry

So here it is...the dirt on our family. No, literally - we must be very dirty people to create such a pile of laundry in less than one week. I am currently listening to the tumbling of the ninth load in the dryer and the tenth load is in the washing machine...these poor machines have been running the entire day! And, I still need to do the sheets tomorrow - I sometimes can't believe just how much clothing gets worn around here! Admittedly, I am a fanatic about separating my clothing, but no one person should do ten loads in one day - it's just not right.
ANYWAY...just thought I'd let you all know what I've been up to, and why I don't blog more interesting anecdotes about the family - not much fun can happen when we spend so much time in the laundry room! :) That being said, fun from the last few days...
Bill - keeping busy with work - yay! We continue to be thankful for steady business.
Charity - aside from the aforementioned...hanging in there :) Trying to naturally slow down as we get closer to the baby arriving. Thankful that my husband is attentive and recognizes what I need!
Annika - sounding out and spelling words. She is using one of Nolan's simple picture books to copy words and figure out spelling - love the development!
Emma - Running. Constantly. Much reprimanding needed for said running...ahh. Yet, she has been a very good playmate for Nolan lately and exhibits much patience with him.
Nolan - definitely hitting the "two's" a little early - watched him walk straight up to Annika and give her pony tail a good yank last week - not fun for him to find out what consequences are.
Both of the girls enjoyed getting to play outside last week in the snow. We broke out the saucers for the first time - definitely need to work on the sledding skills! They had fun though! And of course, they got hot chocolate when they returned to the house...which is the one of the only reasons I like winter!
That's all the news that's fit to print around here...looking forward to making chicken soup tomorrow while the predicted 'blizzard' rages outside our doors. Oh yeah...and finishing up that laundry :)

No comments: